A rotator cuff injury is usually a strain or tear of the rotator cuff – the
muscles, tendons and joint capsule that stabilises your shoulder. Injury
often involves a tear to the rotator cuff tendons that is thick bands of tissue
that connect the muscles to the bones
The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that surround the shoulder joint, keeping the head of your upper arm bone firmly within the shallow socket of the shoulder. A rotator cuff injury can cause a dull ache in the shoulder, which often worsens when you try to sleep on the involved side.
• Pain which varies in the shoulder and arm, depending on how serious
the tear is
• Weakness and tenderness in the shoulder
• Difficulty moving the shoulder, especially when trying to lift your arm above your head
• the action of breaking suddenly and completely, or crackling sounds when moving the shoulder
• Inability to sleep on the shoulder
• If they happen suddenly -- you might feel a pop, intense pain, and weakness in the arm.
Diagnosis & Treatment:
The Doctor may order imaging tests to confirm the diagnosis of rotator cuff tendinitis and rule out any other causes of your symptoms. An X-ray may be ordered to see if you have a bone spur. Your doctor may order an ultrasound or MRI scan to check for inflammation in your rotator cuff and signs of any tearing.
We at Physio Kare offer an innovative excercise program for faster recovery
for the first time in Badlapur.
Goals of treatment is to to reduce pain and stiffness, increase joint mobility, restore the level of function you had before the injury,increase muscle strength