Pain in the lower part of the back is known as “low back pain”. It maybe
localized or radiating to the thigh and leg.The common causes of low back
pain (lumbar backache) include lumbar strain, nerve irritation, lumbar
radiculopathy, bony encroachment, and conditions of the bone and joints.
Lumbar strain which is acute or chronic.A lumbar strain is a stretch injury to
the ligaments, tendons, and/or muscles of the low back.
Here are a few causes of Lower Back Pain:
• Muscle strain,ligament sprain,
• Spinal causes :Disc rupture, vertebral fracture ,OA, RA , Ankylosing spondylosis, osteoporosis ,Sacroilitis,Scoliosis, Sciatica, Spinal stenosis.
• Infections:Osteomyelitis, kidney infections.
• Tumours impinging on spinal nerves.
• Psychological conditions like depression & anxiety.
• Poor posture.
• Poor ergonomics.
Diagnosis and Treatments
The physiotherapist will completely evaluate you in depth for the reason of back pain and after certain examination recommend a plan. They have innovative programs to prevent surgery.